Investing in Calmos is a good way of accessing the Golden Visa Portugal program. Combine an excellent investment decision with the possibility of gaining permanent residency and even citizenship in Portugal. Check Law No. 23/2007, of the 4th of July, with is subsequent amendments.
Calmos will be an eco-resort that will further enhance the paradisiacal character of the beautiful island of Flores, in the Azores. The project, authored by the prize-winning SAMI – Arquitectos architectural office, is located in an abandoned hamlet, Caldeira do Mosteiro, a magical and unique place on the rim of a volcanic caldera on the west coast of the island.
- Leverage the approved incentives to create a unique location.
- Invest in a sustainable fixed asset that can be used for generations to come.
- Be a shareholder of a distinctive lodge, in a magical old hamlet, that will certainly attract international recognition.
- Be part of the team creating an attractive business with strong ESG ambitions.
Status of the project
- Promotor: Caldeira do Mosteiro, Lda.
- Partners: Manuel Menezes de Sequeira (50%, gerente) e Teresa Salema (50%)
- Licensing: Architecture and engineering projects fully licensed by the Lajes das Flores municipality (Câmara Municipal de Lajes das Flores – CMLF), as well as by other official entities.
- Incentives: Approved by DRAIC (management body) under Competir+ (Açores 2020 program). Terms of acceptance signed.
- Regional interest project status: Request submitted, under appreciation.
Application for the Golden Visa Portugal
There are several pathways available for application to the Golden Visa Portugal program. The one relevant in the case of Calmos requires:
Transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than (euro) 500,000, intended for the constitution of a commercial company headquartered in national territory, combined with the creation of five permanent jobs, or for the reinforcement of the share capital of an already constituted commercial company headquartered in national territory, with the creation or maintenance of jobs, with a minimum of five permanent jobs, and for a minimum period of three years;Law No. 23/2007, of the 4th of July [translation without legal value, please check the original legislation]
Notice that the minimum amount for the investment for Golden Visa Portugal was changed from 350,000 euros to 500,000 euros by Decree-Law No. 14/2021, of the 12th February, which only comes into force on the 1st of January, 2022.
Important notice: The information presented here has no legal value. Please check the legislation or ask for legal advice.
Further information about the project
If you are interested in this project, we will send you:
- Pitch deck, including further details about the investment, as well as our ask.
- Investment study of the project.
- Detailed budget (P&L), including DCF valuation.
- Competitive analysis for the project.
We are at your disposal for a meeting. You may contact us via: